Visit My Company Website

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Fabulous Wine From Down Under

Australia happens to be one of my favorite regions for wine. I have not found a wine that I haven't loved from this region. It must be something with their climate that makes their wines far superior from other regions of the world. I had this wine three days ago, and it was so fabulous, I had to share it with you.

Leeuwin Estate - 2008 Art Series Shiraz - $35: Leeuwin Estate grapes grow near the Margaret River in Western Australia, (http://leeuwinestate.com.au/). This Shiraz is an amazing wine! It has a translucent burgundy color, and a very tart smell with hints of blackberries and raspberries. The taste is unbelievable! It is tart up front, (like its smell), but with juicy notes on the end. It is full of plum, and a very nice, sweet taste, (but not overpowering). This is a very lovely wine. It pairs well with dark chocolate and vanilla. While this may break the bank for some of you, I say this wine is well worth the splurge! The vintages are selling out quickly, (I can see why), but the winery is producing a new vintage every year. So be sure to get yourself a bottle! Where to buy online: (http://www.oldbridgecellars.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=24&idproduct=55)

As always, feel free to contact me with questions and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment