Visit My Company Website

Thursday, June 7, 2012

An Orange Colored Sparkling Wine

http://domaine-ste-michelle.com/
I'm still on my sparkling wine kick if you haven't noticed. There's just something about drinking sparkling wine in a champagne flute...it makes you feel like royalty!

Domaine St. Michelle - Sparkling Wine - $12: This wine comes from Washington.  What I found interesting was that the winemaker only makes sparkling wines. This wine is a Blanc De Noir, meaning, this is a white sparkling wine but made with red grapes, (Pinot Noir mainly). It has an orange color because they made it a rose sparkling wine. How did they do that? Well, they basically made a red sparking wine, but did not macerate (or blend), the red grape skins all the way during the fermentation stage. Thus, instead of a red color, we get an orange color. CLEVER!

I found this wine to be very dry and light, with berry and tropical fruit notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment