Visit My Company Website

Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Wonderful Chilean Carmenere

Last night I hosted a wine party featuring wines from the Southern Hemisphere. The biggest hit was a Carmenere, so I thought I would share it with you. 


Santa Carolina, Reserva de Familia, Chile, Carmenere, 2009: $22.99 - Chilean wines are not only fabulous, but also inexpensive. This wine is 100% Carmenere! (http://www.carolinawinebrandsusa.com/sc-reserva_familia_carmenere.html).

This is a full bodied red wine with a blackberry, herb, and spicy bouquet. This wine is fruit forward with tastes of blackberry and blueberry. You will also get hints of vanilla, earth, and tobacco smoke on the finish.

This big wine needs bold flavors to pair with it. Foods with a cream base, and lamb dishes would pair very well with this wine.

Note: I had to special order this wine from the store. If you don't see it on the shelves, I highly recommend placing a special order for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment