Visit My Company Website

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cooking with Chianti

Chianti is a dry red wine that usually has a cherry, dark fruit taste to it. It is a great wine to cook with because not only can it enhance the flavors of the food you are cooking, you can also pair this wine with most foods.

My husband and I found a recipe with Chianti I had to share with you. We put a little spin on the original recipe and came up with this:

Beef Stew with Chianti:
1. 3 Pounds of rib roast (cubed).
2. Spice to your liking (ground red pepper, oregano, salt, peeper, etc) 

3. Can Beef Broth
4. Bottle of Chianti (Yes a bottle)
5. A couple of vegetables you like. (We used green beans).

Throw all of the ingredients in the Crock-Pot and set it on low for 10 hours. The meal was not only easy, but it tasted great as well. The Chianti blended well with the stew. I would suggest a fuller bodied Chianti that can stand up to the flavor notes of the rib roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment