Visit My Company Website

Friday, April 6, 2012

Kansas Wineries... They Do Exist

I visit the wonderful state of Kansas every couple of months to visit my dad. The last time I was there we decided to stop by one of the wineries outside of Wichita. Well, we were in for a very weird experience! The Winery is called Wyldewood Cellars" (http://www.wyldewoodcellars.com/mainhistory.html). They make most of their wines from the Elderberry fruit, and not grapes. Having never tasted an Elderberry wine before, I HAD to try it.

Conclusion.... not so good. All of the wines were very sweet to the point of overly sweet. However, I can now say that I have had Elderberry wine. 

Next time you happen to be in Kansas try it out, just for fun. I do believe that this state can have great wine, they just need better wineries! So, if any of you entrepreneurs out there want to start a new business, I suggest opening up a winery in Kansas!

1 comment:

  1. Lee & I had a similar experience - We tried mead wine in Grand Junction a couple years ago. Our vote...not so good. We felt guilty for not liking it so we bought a bottle (I know, weird logic), so don't be surprised if it ends up as a white elephant present someday.

    ReplyDelete