Visit My Company Website

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Another Virginia Winery

http://www.williamsburgwinery.com/
My husband and I took a weekend trip to Williamsburg this past weekend to see his brother Jamie graduate from William and Mary. (Congrats Jamie)! I was told by my in-laws of a winery there, and I just had to try it out!

http://www.williamsburgwinery.com/

The Winery is fittingly called Williamsburg Winery (http://www.williamsburgwinery.com/). It was a beautiful scene. You could tell that someone, or some company, had spent millions of dollars on this winery. I was very impressed as we arrived to the tasting room. Since it was early in the day, we got a tasting in a private room. (I felt famous!)

The tasting guide was very nice and knowledgeable. We tasted 3 of their reds, 3 whites, and 1 dessert wine. As with most Virginia wines, their wines were very young. Their whites were better than their reds because of the type of climate Virginia has. (White wines fair better in warmer climates).

The tasting seemed to take a turn for the worse as I did not have much time to think about the wines.  They "rushed" us out in 10 minutes! Yes, we had to taste 7 wines in 10 minutes! (If the owners of this winery are reading this post, I really hope you take into consideration that most people like to take their time and enjoy the wine!)

All in all, I think their wines have huge potential. The reds need at least 10 more years of aging, and the whites about 3-5 more years. If you happen to be in Williamsburg in the near future, I would recommend visiting the winery.

No comments:

Post a Comment